Aug 9, 2014

Psych of Abandonment According to Goodreads


My main reason for book abandoning is... it's hard to get into. Yep, slow and boring. The latest one that I've put on my "started but got bored" shelf is from a bestselling author, Emily Giffin's The One and Only. I did read about 50 pages already, I put it down because I found a more interesting one with which I was able to finish in just 3 days and also did a book review btw.

There are several other reasons too like for the book 'The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer', the start of it is too grimmi-ish for my liking. During that time, I was expecting a bit less of people dying on the start of the book but since it did, had to put it down and looked for a lighter plot and that's when I started reading Landline by Rainbow Rowell.

I guess, it depends on my mood and current life situation. I love all books, not specifically picky plus I don't permanently abandon this lovely books. I am one of those 38.1% who finishes the book no matter what.