Jul 12, 2014

EOS sweet mint lip balm, a review


Finally, a late review indeed but still, it deserves one from someone who have had problems with chapped lips for a long long time. Living in a small city where new things such as fashion, make up and such comes late because online sellers also gets a hold of it if there are a couple of numbers or sets to sell. 

Now, I tried this lipgloss just this morning and I fell in love with it, yes, that fast. By the way, this lip balm was introduced to me by Ms. Miley Cyrus on her music video of We can't stop. If you haven't seen it yet (I said IF) here's the video, check it out.:

EOS (Evolution of Smooth) has varieties of flavor, I wanted to also try Lemon Drop with SPF 15 and will most probably order one when the next batch from the online seller where I bought this arrives. This costs P250.00 ($5 more or less). I chose Sweet Mint, either this or the Strawberry Sorbet because I like the tingling feeling that mint lip balm gives. Before using this, I was loyal and still is to Human Nature's Lip Gloss ( Fire Tree). It is tinted, though not minty, I still get that tingling feeling that I like plus it is also oraganic.
When I hear the word organic, I have this need want to try it. EOS is 95% organic and 100% natural with ingredients such as shea butter and jojoba oils which is good for those who have sensitive skin or lips for that matter. Aside from the fact that it is organic, the packaging is so cute! Spherical plus that light neon-ish color. It is eye-catching like if I see someone using it inside the jeepney, I might give that person a slow clap lawl! Joking aside, I did mentin that I just started using it this morning, it's a lip balm so no need to wait for a glorious result but I can say that aside from the light minty smell, it does glide nicely (smoothly even). It does not give color or shine but it's good when applying it first before using any tinted lip gloss or stick. I did get that smooth and soft lips as promised and I will surely try the other flavors too.
Now for the rating:
Effectiveness: I'll give it a perfect score which is 5, it got me even just for a day.
Packaging: definitely a 5.
Smell: 5 out of 5.
Will I buy it again? Sure will!