Aug 27, 2012

meet India. Arie

K-lite fm keeps playing this song which got stuck in my head. thought it was natasha bedingfield but upon further research, found out twas not. thank god for google search, even if you don't know who the artist was,just type the lyrics that you rememeber and it gives you the title and the singer. the song goes like this,"forgiveness, forgiveness, even if you don't love me anymore..." and there it is, the title is 'The Heart of the Matter" by Don Henley. the song was revived by one of my new favorite singer, India Arie.

Some facts about her:
  • Name: India Arie Simpson
  • grammy award-winning American singer-songwriter and record producer
  • has 4 grammy awards including Best r&b album
  • born October 3, 1975
  • song genres: soul, r&b, neo soul, blues, folk, pop
so i downloaded her 3rd studio album, Testimony Vol.1- Life and Relationship which includes the song I liked. the rest of the songs are feel-good music. there are more than 10 songs in this album. songs about coping,faith, and staying strong. it inspires me, like right now, her album is playing on the background, inspires me to blog ganyan. the song that I am telling you about was also included on the sountrack of sex and the city:the movie.