Oct 17, 2010

FML! It's About School

Just done watching movies with D, well he went to sleep a little early but I stayed up. I missed watching celeb gossips and news on late nights. A change on my night routines, watched instead of staying in front of the PC after dinner till 3 in the morning.

So anyway, I am now waiting for typhoon Juan. According to the news it's a super typhoon, and just a couple of minutes ago, there are already some areas at Northern Luzon that's up to signal number 1, CAR so far has none yet.

Aside from the typhoon, I am a little preoccupied today. While taking a shower this morning, it hit me that it's just a couple more weeks, more or less 2 weeks, I am gonna be welcoming college life. The main thing that bothers me so much is the course that I should be taking. I keep mentioning this and yes I know, I mentioned on my previous blog that I am gonna tell you why going back to school scares me. At first, when mom and I was talking about going back to school, I was 100% sure that I want to take up BA Broadcasting. Supposedly MASCOM but since Broadcasting is now offered, I thought, it's much better for me to work at a studio rather than assigned to different places as a field reporter. Anyway it pretty much does the same thing, to report.

Reasons why it bothers me so much:


  • 1. I am 20-ish and I think there are age limits to this kind of job. One time I saw an ad on T.V. looking for reporters between 21-26 years old. FTW! By the time I graduate I'ma be 30. I attended college before but I know that the subjects I took won't be carried to the course I am goin' to take now. I am thinking that the only time I get a job is if I made it as a DL or make the list of honorable mention.
  • 2. I won't be able to take all the subjects I need for that semester because I am thinking of working part time. I can't depend on my mom for my allowance and to pay my whole tuition because I also have a sister who's in college. I was thinking of applying as a working student but mom disagreed because I won't have time for my daughter.
  • 3. I still am looking for a job, most jobs I know doesn't offer part time jobs. If you know any here in Baguio, please PM me.
I was thinking of taking Psychology, but every time I watch the News, I know in my heart that it is the job I wanna involve myself into. The 3rd course I have in mind is 2 yrs. HRM. I told my big sister about it but she said mom would disagree. You see, my mom's top priority for us is our education, to finish college(the 4 year course). I want to make my mom proud but because of my age I am not sure anymore. Nursing is the very least course I wanna take up. I hate blood and yep blame it to mom for letting her decide for me.

So you see my dilemma here? This afternoon, I got a text message from mama telling me to drop by her classroom to get the money for the down payment for school so that I can enroll early. That's when it really hit me that I am going back to school, no more full time mom/slacking.

Another thing that bothers me is the school I am getting myself involved into. I heard it's a school for sosyalera, fashionista, rich students and composed mostly of snobs. OMG, none of those mentioned is included in my vocab. And the fact that I hate crowds and group activities and insensitive teachers and classmates made of cosmetics, idk if I can last for a year. I hope I can hold on for more or less 3 years to my main motivation for this, my daughter who else?


Yeahyeahyeah, fml, don't judge, I told you my brain is cluttered.
So 'till here readers. Happy Saturday for me and Blessed Sunday to us.

_kBye_

2 comments:

  1. ...tatanda ka nyan sa dami ng iniisip mo, pati ako napaisip tuloy. hehe :D

    kaya mo yan! aja!

    ReplyDelete
  2. kakainis nga naman ang lagi nag iisip. sana nga makayanan :)

    ReplyDelete